Sunday, March 13, 2011

Meet Ava!

Photo credit given to Debi Canody


Meet Ava!

Ava was one of the dogs rescued from the "Jeff Burgess House of Hell".  Ava is somewhat shy due to the complete lack of socialization and care that she received during her stay with Jeff, however she is very sweet and  will make a great dog for someone!  Ava has no manners and we are going to start working on that tomorrow!  I see knowing how to sit in her near future!  :)  Ava WANTS to learn to be a dog.  I am hoping to be able to give her that. 

It was a little "hairy" here tonight when I brought Ava home.  Hazel (another rescue from the same place) does NOT like her!  It is not one of those warning snarls and growls.  It is all out: "I want to kill you!"  Hopefully, Hazel will be able to work out her issues, and will allow Ava into our pack.  (I promised Hazel that Ava would not be here forever....)   On a good note, Ava has been out in the backyard feeling grass on her feet for the first time in her life, and she has made friends with Chai (Belgian Tervuren) and Shelby (Chocolate Lab).  Ava has also learned how to sleep on the couch!

I will keep you posted on Miss Ava in the days to come, and if you know anyone who might be interested in adopting Ava please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. She's a pretty girl! Good luck to her in finding her new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello: I received your questions about Blogpaws and would love to answer them in an email. Get in touch at LetsAdoptaDogPark@gmail.com. I'll be out of touch for a few days at Global Pet Expo, but will get back in touch ASAP. Meanwhile, visit http://www.Blogpaws.com and be sure to tell them I sent you! Happy tails, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woof! Woof! Hope Ava find a loving forever home soon. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete